December 12, 2012 § Leave a comment
*by Catie & Genevieve
For the rest of December we thought some festive blogging was in order… so here is our 1st attempt:
HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE (yes, everyone has them out there, but we think our ideas are pretty awesome… check it out!)
1. QUITOKEETO – Heidi Swanson’s online pop-up… i think of it as all Heidi’s favorite, interesting, unusual finds. For any foodie, these treats would be well appreciated.
2. Tailor & Stitch – these custom made shirts are amazing for the guys, everyone I have introduced to these shirts are addicted. Recently they have starting custom tailored suits at their pop-up shop @ The Station around the corner from CARROTS. Gift certificates for a shirt or a suit is pretty awesome, we think!
3. the new Cire Trudon holiday candle: Melchior available @ CARROTS. The perfect hostess gift or stocking stuffer… who doesn’t love these candles?
4. Restoration Hardware Baby & Child’s faux fur animal hats… these are too adorable. Seriously, if you don’t have a child around, find one… it needs one of these for Christmas! (Missy & Annalisa, please disregard #4 from your ideas)
5. Maison Martin Margiela iPad case, now @ CARROTS. Very cool, super-chic, simple colors, like navy & nude, with a perfect metallic pop inside!
6. Dirty Martini Juice for the person you know who’s into their home bar… this is great, love the look & idea of it. We found it at one of our new favorite SF shops, Hudson Grace. They have all sorts of goodies I want for my home, check it out on your next shopping day.
7. Slippers for the ladies… I’m all about the Newbarks, so cute & cozy… we love the one’s with the furry inside and the slip-on’s (which Vieve & I wear to work all the time, they definitely pass as real shoes!)
8. Edible gifting. Who doesn’t love some homemade jam, or a delicious pumpkin christmas bread, homemade granola, olive cookies or some pickled veg. It’s inexpensive and completely thoughtful… all wrapped up with a red bow.
9. Laura Zindel Mugs- these are bar none our favorite. Whether you are a coffee or a tea drinker, Laura’s mugs are the perfect size and shape.
10. Faliero Sarti Scarves- The yummiest, coziest cashmere in all the land! You can never go wrong with this “never-leave-home-without-it” accessory, and we have quite the selection in store now ;).